Jan 26, 2013

Old Scars



My world felt shattered after I was deleted out of what I called my home. The place I  met Jesus, made friends, dreamed dreams, and started on a whole new path for my life. Its been a little over a year now since I said my peace and walked away from a situation that broke my heart. Yet, even though I walked away, my heart still breaks for what could of been. It feels as if I torture myself sometimes with the what ifs, I can start traveling down the rabbit hole of questions and get lost. When I come up for air I feel as if I have cut open an old scar. Yet, has it really even healed yet though? 

I felt as if I was drowning afterwards. I had no life boat to reach for. No hands reached for me. I felt so alone. I just let the waves take me. 

I wasn't alone however! The bible talks constantly about God being with us always. He doesn't leave us or forsake us...

'Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go' Joshua 1:9

'...so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.' Joshua 1:5

'...I am with you and will rescue you,' declares the LORD. Jeremiah 1:8

God is a God of comfort (2 Corinthians 1:3) and in my time of hurt He comforted me when I turned my face away from the hurt that comes from this world and towards his magnificent bright and shining light. 

Why do I blog about this you ask? 

Because I think about that scar almost everyday. I think about the home I lost and sometimes I forget the beautiful things that came out of it.
  •  Learning about Jesus
  • Declaring my love for Christ 
  • The provision for my first mission trip
  • my husband
Is the scar fully healed yet? No, but one day it will be because all things happen for a reason. I may have hurts from being pushed out, but those hurts made me stronger and taught me more. So, don't give me. Don't let go. Hold fast and persevere because out of all pain comes something beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment