Jan 16, 2013

One Day I Will Soar

I get mesmerized by the birds sometimes; I sit and stare blankly out the window and watch them soar through the vast open sky, and I long for that freedom to soar without any inhibitions. To just be! 



Yet, even though I crave this, the fear still finds a way to roll in like a deep dense fog that I can't maneuver my way out of. This fear of the unknown starts to sink into the pit of my being and I start to worry. I start to question. How can I ever be so carefree? I have bills, responsibilities, a job, and so many facets to my day to day living that I can't ignore. Yet, God tells us not to worry:

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" -Matthew 6: 25-27

And in this worrying that I do I gain nothing

'Look at the birds of the air...your heavenly Father feeds them.' He takes care of them. The birds soar through the air and live so freely, they do not sow or reap or store away. That is what I, as a human, do. I worry about the future and choose not to live in the present. I choose not to be free. Yet the Bible tells me clearly that I am...

'So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.' John 8:36

'It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.' Galatians 5:1

'Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.' John 8:32

I am made free in Christ.

I can soar like the birds.

When the doubts roll in and I find myself only staring at the birds instead of soaring like them, I will turn to my Savior and feel the breath of freedom rush past my face like the cool breeze in the sky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment